The Recorder shall charge an additional fee, in an amount equal to the fee otherwise provided by law, for recording a document (other than a document filed under the Plat Act or UCC filings) that does not conform to the following standards:
- The document shall consist of one or more individual sheets measuring 8.5 inches by 11 inches, not permanently bound and not a continuous form.
- The document shall be printed in black ink, typewritten or computer generated, in at least 10-point type.
- The document shall be on white paper of not less than 20-pound weight and shall have a clean margin of at least one-half inch on the top, the bottom, and each side.
- The first page of the document shall contain a blank space, measuring at least 3 inches by 5 inches, in the upper right-hand corner.
- The document shall not have any attachment stapled or otherwise affixed to any page.
A document that does not conform to these standards shall not be recorded except upon payment of the additional fee required under this paragraph. This paragraph applies only to documents dated after January 1, 1995.
A document that does not conform to these standards shall not be recorded except upon payment of the additional fee required under this paragraph. This paragraph applies only to documents dated after January 1, 1995. For information regarding any and all applicable fees please follow the following link to our FEE SCHEDULE.
Please take note that IT IS PERMISSIBLE to print documents on both sides of a sheet of paper. An entire document may be stapled together, but no attachments may be stapled or otherwise attached to individual pages. In addition, the 3” x 5” blank space in the top right corner of the document is for the RECORDER’S USE ONLY. Please do NOT write in this area or affix any transfer tax stamps, since doing so would cause the document to be charged at the non-standard rate.