Governor Pritzker signed HB3878 into law as Public Act 102-1135, regarding the increase of the Rental Housing Support Program fee by an additional $9.00.The Will County Board approved Resolution #23-99 on April 20, 2023, thereby increasing this fee. At the Will County Board meeting on Thursday, May 18, 2023 the board approved Resolution #23-132 increasing the GIS fee from $17.50 to $28.50. The new fee schedule reflecting these changes will be effective July 1, 2023. At the left of this page, you can click on the links to see the fee schedule change, county resolution and HB3878 link regarding this matter.
Fees To Record a “Standard” Document
The following standards are required under the law:
- The document shall consist of one or more individual sheets measuring 8.5 inches by 11 inches, not permanently bound and not a continuous form. Graphic displays accompanying a document to be recorded that measure up to 11 inches by 17 inches shall be recorded without charging an additional fee.
- The document shall be legibly printed in black ink, by hand, typed or computer. Signatures and dates may be in contrasting colors if they reproduce clearly.
- The document shall be on white paper of not less than 20-pound weight and shall have a clean margin of at least one-half inch on the top, the bottom, and each side. Margins may be used for non-essential notations that will not affect the validity of the document, including but not limited to, form numbers, page numbers and customer notations.
- The first page of the document shall contain a blank space, measuring at least 3 inches by 5 inches, from the upper right corner.
- The document shall not have any attachments stapled or otherwise affixed to any page.
A document that does not conform to these standards shall not be recorded except upon payment of the additional fee required under this paragraph. This paragraph, as amended by this amendatory Act of 1995, applies only to the documents dated after the effective date of this amendatory Act of 1995.